Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Carolyn and Doug have new sport for their 40s - The Luge

Photo: Carolyn chasing Doug down the luge in Queenstown. Doug's exhibiting mature behavior appropriate for his age. He nearly ran me off the track and into the grass to pass me on the corner. Doug may be getting older, but he still loves speed!

Doug joins me on the other side of 40 today. Yeah! I think I am more excited than he is to have his company in the 40 and over club!

Luckily the snow arrived yesterday just in time for Doug's 40th. There's not much else I could give Doug for his birthday that he'd enjoy more than his first ski day of the year. Well, at least, nothing I'll mention on this blog...

p.s. I think Doug was happy to be able to walk when he woke today. He's recently joined an indoor soccer league after not playing on a team since college days at Rice. He and the other senior guy on the team both "offered" to play goalie as their lungs started to burn chasing the teenagers up and down the field. The other guy pulled his hamstring which secured the goalie position. Doug stayed on the field and scored a hat trick!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, that looks like fun! When we come out I want to try the luge, too.

Can you imagine Matt out there? Dangerous!!

Love you,
Anutie & Uncle Earl

Anonymous said...

You ugys are killing me! Carolyn, the look on your face speaks loudly about your competitive nature. Welcome to this side of the fence. Q: is someone who does the Luge called a Luger (loser). Just curious

Cheers

Sam JOnes