Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Carolyn Turns 40!

I can't believe that my lovely Carolyn recently turned 40. It just seems like yesterday that we met for the first time. It's been a few years since she was last carded at a bar, but she's still looks like that teenager I met 25 years ago.

Without any longtime friends within 7,000 miles, we didn't throw Carolyn a big bash, over the hill party. Instead, Carolyn & I took a wonderful hike up a canyon near our home (the picture is from the hike) while the boys were at school. When the boys got home, we all drove into Queenstown for dinner (or tea as they say here). Then it was back home for homemade blueberry pie and presents. The following night we celebrated again, this time with another couple with whom we've become friends.

Happy Birthday Carolyn!

3 comments:

Jay said...

Happy Birthday, Carolyn!!! You look great - remember that 40 is the new 30!! Can't wait to come visit you guys.

Anonymous said...

You've still got the goods Carolyn :-) Happy birthday!

the Jones Clan

Sara said...

Happy Birthday, Carolyn!
Tell everyone hello for me! I check the blog often!
Love, Sara Fawk